Are you confused about how to delete an album from your iPad? To delete an album off iPad, you may consider where the album comes from first. If the albums were created on your iPad you can delete them on the iPad easily. However, if the albums were synched from your computer you can’t delete them on the iPad. You will have to sync with iTunes on your computer to delete the albums.
Case 1. Delete an album that was created on iPad
Go to the Photos App on the iPad. At the top of the screen there should be three options (Photos, Album, Places). If you have opened the Photo Stream, there will be one more Photo Stream option.Tap Albums, then tap Edit (right upper corner), then tap on the X that appears on the corner of the album you want to delete.
After tapping X, a dialog window will pop up, asking if you are sure to delete the Album, select Delete. Then the album will be deleted the iPad.
Case 2. Delete previously synced albums from iPad
Simply plug your iPad into your computer and click iPad name under DEVICES on the left sidebar in iTunes. Proceed to the Photos tab and there you will be able to remove them.
- Open iTunes on your PC and plug iPad into your PC
- Click your iPad name under Devices on the left sidebar.
- Click the Photos tab on the top in iTunes management screen. Select the folder that contains your photos from the drop-down menu next to “Sync Photos From” at the top .
- Check the Selected albums, Events and Faces, and automatically include option and place a check mark next to the album you want to sync with your iPad, and unselect the album you want to delete from iPad.
- Click Sync in the lower right corner of the iTunes window to sync your iPad. When the sync is complete, the photo album associated with that folder is no longer on the iPad.