There are some pictures you want to remove from your iPad. Some images has a trash can you can use, but others do not have. And how to delete multiple photos from an iPad? In this article, I will introduce different ways to delete pictures from iPad.
iPad’s photo app can both store photos from PC with iTunes and photos saved from from e-mail, or photos taken with iPad’s camera. You can delete photos taken with the iPad camera and saved from email and text messages on iPad easily. However, photos synced from PC must be removed through iTunes as well.
1. Delete photos on iPad directly without iTunes
Photos taken with iPad’s camera or saved from email can be removed from iPad directly. You can delete these photos one by on or delete multiple photos at the same time.
Delete one photo at a time on iPad:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPad, open the album and find the photo you want to delete. Also you can tap the Photos tab which contains all photos on iPad to find the photo.
- Tap the photo you want to delete to open it.
- When the photo is displayed in full screen, tap the Trash can in upper right corner.
- Then tap Delete Photo button to delete current photo.
Delete multiple photos on iPad
- Open an album which contains photos you want to delete.
- Tap the Edit button in upper right corner.
- Tap photos to select them.
- Tap the Remove button to delete selected multiple photos.
2. Delete synced photos on iPad through iTunes
To delete photos that you transferred from PC to your iPad Photos app using iTunes, you have to connect iPad to your computer and use the sync process to delete previously synced photos.
- Connect iPad to PC using data cable or via WiFi.
- Open the synced album on your computer and delete the photos you want to remove from your iPad. Or you can move photos out of the album.
- Launch iTunes on your PC. Your iPad will appear in the left sidebar under DEVICEs.
- Click your iPad name and select Photos tab on the top in iTunes management screen, then select the edited folder from Sync Photos from drop-down list.
- Select the “Selected albums, Events and Faces, and automatically include” option and place a check mark next to the photo albums you want to sync with your iPad. Select the album from which you removed the individual photos.
- Click the Apply button to remove the synced photos from your iPad.