Wanna put your iPad photos onto a DVD with music and transitions? You can convert your photos to a stunning slideshow on iPad first, then burn the photo slideshow onto DVD for saving or watching on TV. In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a slideshow with pictures and music on iPad, then transfer to PC / Mac, finally burn it onto DVD free.
Step1. Make a photo slideshow on iPad and save to Camera Roll
To make a slideshow on iPad, Photo Slideshow Director HD is recommended. It enables you to create a stunning slideshow with transitions by only adding photos and music. To make a more professional slideshow, you can replace random applied transitions between slides, sync slideshow to music, add text and subtitles on photos, select a slideshow theme, customize ken burns effects, etc. It almost provides all the features you need to create an eye-catching slideshow.
After customizing the slideshow, hit the “Export” tab and select “Photo Library” from “Share Movie to” group.
Then enter title and description for the slideshow and select a video resolution. Tap “Publish Now!” to convert the slideshow to a mp4(or mov) video and save it to iPad Camera Roll.
Step2. Transfer a video slideshow to PC from iPad
Photo Slideshow Director HD provides 2 ways to transfer a slideshow to computer: iTunes and WiFi transfer. Obviously if your PC and iPad both use the same WiFi, the app’s WiFi transfer feature can be the first choice. Also you can connect iPad to PC and download the slideshow to PC with iTunes.
1. Wirelessly transfer a video slideshow to PC from iPad
- Tap the “Export” tab and select “Wifi Transfer” from the “Share Movie to ” group. Then a “Wifi Transfer” window will pop up with a URL and tips.
- Enter the URL into your computer browser, the saved slideshow in step1 will be listed. Click the slideshow name to download it.
2. Download a slideshow to PC with iTunes
- Open iTunes on your PC
- Plug your iPad into your computer or connect iPad to PC via WiFi
- Click iPad name under “DEVICES” in the left sidebar
- Click “Apps” from the upper part options and scroll down to “File Sharing” area
- Select “PhotoDirector” from the Apps list, find the slideshow under “PhotoDirector Documents” and drag it to your computer
Step3. Burn a slideshow onto DVD
1. Burn a video slideshow to DVD on Windows
On Windows, Windows DVD Maker could be the first choice to burn a video to DVD. However because Windows DVD Maker does not support mp4 or mov, so you have to convert the video slideshow to avi format first.
- Convert the mp4 or mov video slideshow to avi format with Clone2go Video Converter Free Version. Drag the slideshow from your computer into the free video converter, then choose AVI Video from “Profile” drop-down list, then click “Start Encode” in the lower right corner. After converting is finished, click “Folder” to find the converted avi video.
- Open Windows DVD Maker, and drag the avi video slideshow into it, click “Next” to customize DVD menu and preview the video. After that, Click “Burn” to burn the slideshow onto DVD.
2. Burn a slideshow onto DVD on Mac
If your Mac is pre-installed with iDVD, you can use iDVD to burn the video to DVD. However, If your Mac has a new operation system of 10.7 or 10.8 without iDVD, Burn(a free DVD burner) can be helpful.
The Free mac DVD burner is very easy to use. Import your video slideshow into the software and it will automatically convert the video to mpg format video,then click the “Burn” button to burn the slideshow onto DVD.